Julie Ward to play softball at Malone University
By Pixie Sulser
Recent Ramona High School graduate Julie Ward has signed her letter of intent to play softball for Malone University in Ohio.
Ward was a three sport varsity athlete at Ramona HIgh, lettering in basketball and softball and cross country her senior year in addition to maintaining over a 3.4 grade point average.
As a senior, Ward was team captain of the girls basketball team and the softball team. Her career awards include 2009 and 2010 RHS Defensive Player of the Year (basketball), 2011 All Palomar League (softball), 2011 Coaches Award (softball), 2011 CIF Division finalist (softball), 2013 RHS Team Hustle Award (basketball) and 2013 Honorable Mention All Palomar League (softball).
Ward, who is interested in a career in communications, nursing or education, chose Malone University because of the academic and softball opportunities offered to her. A Christian university, Malone provides a strong and personal focus on academics and the softball team, the Pioneers, will move to a Division II team in Ward’s first collegiate season.
- Whelehon signs to play softball at Southern Arkansas University
- Softball clinic serves two purposes: fundraising and mentoring
- Coaches bring wealth of experience to RHS softball
- Bulldog softball tied for first place in league play
- Ramona High softball coach praises seniors as team ends season
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=24624