Hearing today for fired hospital worker accused of threatening to kill co-workers
Friday, June 14—A preliminary hearing is scheduled today for a fired Pomerado Hospital employee accused of threatening to kill former co-workers.
Jelaan Ayinde Miles, 26, is charged with nine felony counts of making criminal threats. Detectives raided a home in the 2500 block of Fenton Parkway on April 18, seizing computers and firearms and arresting Miles.
At the defendant’s arraignment, Deputy District Attorney Adam Gordon told Judge David Szumowski that Miles, who was fired in December 2011, posted threatening messages online three times, threatening to go on a killing spree at the hospital.
During their search, investigators found videos they say Miles made, in which he shows off his mother’s gun and a sword, according to the prosecutor.
Miles, who worked at Pomerado Hospital in Poway as an environmental service worker, which includes housekeeping, remains held on $500,000 bail.
A judge will decide following the preliminary hearing if enough evidence was presented for Miles to stand trial.
Ramona is among communities in the Palomar Pomerado hospital district.
—City News Service
- Hospital district re-brands itself
- Judge orders trial for man accused in beating death of 94-year-old neighbor
- Hearing today for Gary Thomas, 63, charged with murdering neighbor, 94
- Trial ordered for Ramona man accused of fatally shooting man over failed marijuana buy
- Hearing reset for man charged in infant’s death
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=24552