Brush clearing set for Miramar Friday evening
Friday, June 14—Military firefighters plan to set and monitor several brush-clearing controlled burns at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar this evening.
The prescribed fires, part of the base’s annual efforts to reduce wildfire risks, will take place for about three hours starting at 6 p.m., according to USMC public-affairs officials.
While people in surrounding communities, including portions of Ramona, may see some flames and smoke, no roadway visibility restrictions or air-quality problems were anticipated.
- Military plans brush clearing at Miramar today
- Smoke from Miramar brush clearing may be visible in area
- Military firefighters plan prescribed burns today, Sunday
- Military drills Friday night may create smoke in area
- Smoke from brush clearing may be visible in Ramona region
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=24549