Military plans brush clearing at Miramar today
Sunday, June 9—Military firefighters will set and monitor several brush-clearing controlled burns today at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.
The routine prescribed fires, part of annual efforts to reduce wildfire risks, will begin about 9 a.m. and continue into the early afternoon, according to the base’s public-affairs office.
While people in surrounding communities may see some flames and smoke, no roadway visibility restrictions or air-quality problems are expected, Marine Corps officials said.
- Military firefighters plan prescribed burns today, Sunday
- Smoke from Miramar brush clearing may be visible in area
- Military drills Friday night may create smoke in area
- Miramar readies for air show
- Smoke from controlled burns at Marine base may be visible in area
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=24411