Team CrossFit Brand X takes 15th at SoCal Regionals
A team from Ramona’s CrossFit Brand X completed three days of intense CrossFit competition to finish 15th from a field of 30 teams that qualified and almost 200 that participated at the 2013 Reebok CrossFit Games SoCal Regionals.
Participating at the May 17-19 event, were Team CrossFit Brand X members Camzin Morrell-Stinson, Jane Rheinhardt, Alison Patenaude, Connor Martin, Keegan Martin, and Randy Hill.
According to CrossFit Brand X, that is a solid start for the team’s first-ever competition in what is one of the toughest CrossFit games regional qualifiers in the world.
Morell-Stinson achieved the second heaviest overhead squat of the day, just 10 pounds under the winning lift by Lindsey Valenzuela, a CrossFit Games veteran and Olympic weightlifter.
Connor Martin is one of only two regionals athletes worldwide to have completed four reps of 225-pound squat cleans in three unbroken sets as part of the final workout.
Team members are fired up to begin training for the next Games season, said their instructors.
- CrossFit Brand X sends team to compete at Del Mar Fairgrounds
- Crossfit Brand X to host St. Jude Children’s fundraiser
- Golf’s Rajcic takes fifth at CIF, advances to regionals
- 14U Pony team ends post-season at super regionals with 15-3 record
- CrossFit’s Sept. 17 workout to benefit charities
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=24313