Military firefighters plan prescribed burns today, Sunday
Saturday, May 25—Military firefighters will set, monitor and extinguish several brush-clearing controlled burns this weekend at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar.
The routine prescribed fires, part of annual vegetation-management efforts intended to reduce wildfire risks, will take place today and Sunday, according to the base’s public-affairs office.
While people in surrounding communities may see some flames and smoke, no roadway visibility restrictions or air-quality problems are expected, Marine Corps officials said.
- Smoke from Miramar brush clearing may be visible in area
- Military drills Friday night may create smoke in area
- Smoke from controlled burns at Marine base may be visible in area
- Miramar readies for air show
- Smoke from prescribed burn may be visible in area
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=23978