Firefighters halt spread of 10-acre blaze in Dulzura
Ground and airborne crews have halted the spread of that estimated 10-acre brush fire off State Route 94, near Otay Lakes Road in the Dulzura area, according to Cal Fire.
The wildfire forced the closure of a stretch of the highway but caused no reported structural damage or injuries.
The blaze erupted for unknown reasons near Otay Lakes Road in Dulzura
shortly after 1 p.m., according to Cal Fire.
It took ground crews and personnel aboard air tankers and firefighting
helicopters about 45 minutes to subdue the flames amid warm and gusty
conditions, said Nick Schuler, a battalion chief with the state agency.
The cause of the fire was under investigation.
- Brush fire breaks out near Dulzura
- Firefighters extinguish Valley Center brush fire
- Fire scorches 3 acres near Dulzura
- Firefighters extinguish 15-acre grass fire in Witch Creek area east of Ramona
- Dulzura brush fire burns nearly 20 acres
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=23740