Lakeside fire sends one to hospital
One person was hospitalized and several structures and cars were burned in a brush fire near Interstate 8 that started about noon Sunday and was contained an hour later, a Heartland fire dispatcher said.
“One person with burns was taken to UC San Diego Hospital for treatment,” the dispatcher said.
Several air tankers and two strike teams were dispatched to fight the vegetation fire near a mobile home park at 12428 Olde Highway 80, east of Los Coches Road in Lakeside.
The CHP said Olde Highway 80 was closed near Los Coches Road, but nearby Interstate 8 was open to traffic,
- Fire in Mission Valley closes two I-15 lanes
- Man arrested, suspected of arson in Lakeside area
- Cal Fire anticipates Banner Fire containment today
- Carbon monoxide poisoning sends three to hospital
- Firefighters extinguish 15-acre grass fire in Witch Creek area east of Ramona
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=23574