Results of Ramona teachers’ strike authorization vote expected today
Wednesday, May 8—The community should know the results of the Ramona Teachers Association strike authorization vote by late this afternoon or early this evening.
Teachers started voting yesterday afternoon at a general membership meeting, but because some members had duties that prevented their participation then — including coaches with games — members not able to vote yesterday will have the opportunity to do so during the day today at their school sites, said Bill Guy, communications consultant with the California Teachers Association.
All of the votes will be counted today, beginning around 4 p.m., and results are expected to be available by 7 p.m. at the latest.
The majority of teachers voting is needed for strike authorization passage. This does not mean teachers will strike, RTA representatives said. It means they give the RTA executive board the authority to call for a strike.
- Ramona teachers schedule strike authorization vote for May 7
- Ramona teachers union leaders call for strike authorization vote
- School board approves emergency measures as district braces for possible teachers strike
- Ramona school district braces for strike
- ‘We are united,’ teachers tell trustees
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=23412