Passengers board a B-24 Liberator Wednesday for the last flight of the Wings of Freedom Tour, sponsored by the Collings Foundation, at Ramona Airport. Alan Cutsinger, a volunteer with the foundation, said the B-24 Liberator is the “last one of its kind still flying.” The tour featured three WWII-era bomber aircraft.
A group listens to instructions before embarking on a half-hour flight on a WWII-era B-17 Flying Fortress from Ramona Airport. The flights, which cost $425 a person, and walk-through tours were available during the Collings Foundation’s Wings of Freedom Tour at Ramona Airport, May 6-8.
Sentinel photos/Karen Brainard
- Freedom tour brings rare aircraft to Ramona
- Iconic planes of World War II to visit Ramona
- Bombers over Ramona bring a sense of remembrance
- Ramona Airport Open House Sept. 24
- Visitors view vintage planes at Ramona Airport open house
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=23471