Driver flees scene after early morning head-on
A driver crossed the center line on San Pasqual Valley Road and struck an oncoming car early today, then ran off, a police sergeant said.
The Nissan Juke was headed east when it crossed into oncoming traffic in the 16600 block of San Pasqual Valley Road east of the San Diego Wild Animal Park around 12:30 a.m., striking a westbound Toyota Echo, San Diego police Sgt. David Jennings said. The Toyota’s driver suffered several broken ribs and a deep cut to the knee, he said.
The Nissan’s driver got out of his wrecked vehicle and ran away, Jennings said. Police described him as Hispanic, about 5 feet 7 and 180 pounds, with a heavy build. He was wearing a dark T-shirt and jeans.
- Two teens injured in early-morning accident
- Head-on crash on Route 78 sends woman to hospital
- Man faces DUI charge after SR-78 injury accident
- Man injured, dog killed as the driver swerves to avoid hitting another dog
- Driver uninjured after car flips over on Old Julian Highway
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=23134