Brush fires along Interstate 8 causing freeway congestion
Several small brush fires alongside Interstate 8 in western El Cajon and eastern La Mesa are causing heavy congestion on the freeway in the area, according to the California Highway Patrol.
There are no reports of structural damage or injuries due to the blazes, which may have been sparked by a burning vehicle, the CHP reports.
- Officials investigate cause of 3 brush fires
- CalFire fighting two brush fires in county
- Crews battle brush fire in Wynola
- Lightning-sparked fires threaten backcountry transmission line, reports CalFire
- Firefighters make quick work of brush fire near freeway
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=22584