Ramona water polo team’s Tiffany Larson selected second-team all-CIF
By Joe Naiman
The selection of the all-CIF girls water polo teams for the 2012-13 season included a berth for Ramona High School goalie Tiffany Larson on the second team.
“I think she’s done a good job this year,” said coach Donnie Williams. “She deserves it.”
Larson had previously been selected as the Valley League’s player of the year and as the Most Valuable Player among CIF Division II girls. The all-CIF teams consist of players from all three divisions.
“It’s tough to get a D2 player on the all-section,” Williams said.
The first team included Division I goalkeeper Julia Hermann of Torrey Pines.
“Julie is by far the best goalie in the county,” Williams said.
Larson, a senior, earned all-league recognition for all three of her varsity seasons; she was an honorable mention selection in 2011 and 2012. This year Ramona won the Valley League championship while finishing 4-0 in league competition, and three playoff wins gave Ramona the CIF Division II championship, along with a 22-9 overall season record.
- Water polo coaches select Ramona’s Tiffany Larson as CIF division MVP;
- Eight Bulldog girls make all-league water polo teams, Larson earns Valley League Player of the Year
- Larson, Hogervorst play in all-star water polo game; Williams coaches
- Five girls on league water polo team
- Lane named team MVP at boys water polo banquet
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=22465