Military drills Friday night may create smoke in area
Smoke and flames may be visible from Marine Corps Air Station Miramar Friday night as military crews take part in routine firefighting drills, military officials said.
The controlled burns at the northern San Diego USMC installation are scheduled to last for about four hours, starting at 6 p.m., according to the base’s public-affairs office.
The blazes are not expected to cause any visibility problems on nearby roadways, authorities said.
- Smoke from controlled burns at Marine base may be visible in area
- RHS to honor service men and women at Military Appreciation Night Oct. 14
- Military aircraft joins backcountry wildfire fight
- Snow level expected to drop to 3,500 by Friday night
- Smoke visible from Camp Pendleton fire
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=22365