Larson, Hogervorst play in all-star water polo game; Williams coaches
By Joe Naiman
Tiffany Larson and Rachel Hogervorst closed out their high school water polo careers at the senior all-star game March 16 at Coronado Community Pool, which also extended the 2012-13 season for coach Donnie Williams.
“I enjoyed it. It was a beautiful day down there and everybody had a good time,” Williams said.
The senior all-star game pits players from large schools against players from smaller schools. Westview coach Amy Jennings guided the large-school squad while Williams coached the small-school team.
“It was a good fun game for everybody, and it was good for all the girls to play together,” Williams said. “It was fun to coach it.”
Although the large schools defeated the small schools, it was by a 14-13 score.
Larson was one of two goalies for the small schools while Hogervorst was one of only nine field players on the team.
“We were a little short compared to the large schools,” Williams said.
The senior all-star game was the first in which Ramona had more than one player.
“That’s huge,” Williams said.
- Hogervorst plays, Williams coaches in all-star game
- Water polo coaches select Ramona’s Tiffany Larson as CIF division MVP;
- Eight Bulldog girls make all-league water polo teams, Larson earns Valley League Player of the Year
- Adelman and May play, Klauda coaches in senior all-star game
- Bulldogs defeat Sultans in girls water polo match
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=22156