Tour the vintage Memphis Belle
Memphis Belle, a World War II-era “Flying Fortress” B-17, makes an appearance at Gillespie Field in El Cajon this week.
One of only eight B-17s that still fly in the United States, she offers a rare opportunity for a free tour Saturday and Sunday.
Paid flights are also available and let passengers “experience history with all five senses,” as Liberty
Foundation pilot Bob Hill puts it. “Yes,” he says, “they have a taste, too.”
For more information, call 918-340-0243 or visit libertyfoundation.org.
- Robert Laverty joins Sentinel as general manager
- Freedom tour brings rare aircraft to Ramona
- Visitors view vintage planes at Ramona Airport open house
- Pilots suffer minor injuries in experimental airplane mishaps in Ramona, Valley Center on Sunday
- Clothing trends reflect the ‘80s, vintage look is also popular
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=21900