Sunday wreck blocks SR-67 for several hours
Monday, March 18—Traffic was back to free-flow today on a stretch of State Route 67 where a non-injury weekend wreck shut down the heavily traveled rural road for several hours.
A westbound trailer-hauling truck overturned near Cloudy Moon Drive in eastern Poway about 2:45 p.m. Sunday, possibly due to a stiff gust of wind, according to sheriff’s officials.
The accident left the highway blocked into the early evening, creating congestion for miles, traffic Sgt. David Cheever said.
“For quite a while, it was a mess,” he said.
After tow trucks hauled off the pickup and 22-foot trailer, which was carrying recreational off-road vehicles, firefighters had to clean up spilled gasoline and other fluids from the roadway.
- Eastbound Poway Grade to close four hours for bike ride Sunday
- Highway 67 accident blocks traffic
- Minor injuries reported in vehicle hits tree accident on San Vicente Road
- Man killed in car crash Sunday afternoon
- Tree falls on vehicle, blocks lane on SR-78 Thursday night
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=21871