Strongest winds predicted for this afternoon
Friday, March 1—Strong easterly winds gusting up to around 40 miles per hour are blowing through region today, with the strongest winds expected this afternoon.
The National Weather Service issued a wind advisory for the valleys and mountains until 10 a.m. Saturday, saying sustained winds of 20 to 30 mph would be gusting up to 45 mph until then.
“Winds this strong can make driving difficult, especially for (motorists of) high profile vehicles — use extra caution,” according to an NWS advisory.
- Gusty winds in mountain and desert areas predicted to get stronger
- Fog, high winds could cause problems for drivers, says weather service
- Expect high winds until 10 tonight
- High wildfire risk Wednesday
- Weather service issues wind advisory through Sunday
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=21398