Loud booms expected from Marine exercises, Pendleton officials say
Friday, March 1—Loud booms will be heard around Camp Pendleton this weekend as Marines use C-4 explosives to practice clearing minefields under combat conditions, base officials announced today.
The mine-clearing exercises will take place from 6 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Saturday through Tuesday, according to Pendleton’s public affairs office.
Depending on atmospheric conditions, the sounds of explosions may be amplified and heard up to 50 miles away.
Residents with questions about the noise level can call base officials at 760-725-0357.
- Marines warn of loud booms this weekend
- Smoke visible from Camp Pendleton fire
- Camp Pendleton wildfire 70 percent contained
- Smoke from controlled burns at Marine base may be visible in area
- Miramar readies for air show
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=21395