Stolen vehicle chase results in teen arrest
Wednesday, Feb. 13—An 18-year-old resident of Northstar Independence Inc. in Ramona was arrested after he stole a van yesterday and was chased by the vehicle’s owner, said Lt. James Bovet of the Sheriff’s Ramona station.
The van was owned by Matthew O’Brien, owner of Northstar Independence, which helps individuals with special needs, said Bovet. According to the lieutenant, O’Brien saw resident Timothy Ruggolo get into the van and drive away.
“So he followed him,” said Bovet.
The two had a collision near Main and Ninth streets about 8:30 a.m. that morning, according to the lieutenant. When O’Brien approached the van, the teen locked himself in, so the owner broke the van’s window, Bovet said. Ruggolo was arrested on a charge of vehicle theft, he said.
- Man arrested after stolen vehicle found in Ramona
- Man jailed after high-speed chase in stolen truck
- Ramona man’s arrest tied to East County burglary ring
- Ramona man killed in single-vehicle collision
- Reported attempted robbery leads to arrest of two men in Stater Bros. parking lot
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=21111