Tree falls on vehicle, blocks lane on SR-78 Thursday night
A tree fell on the hood of a pickup truck at 24340 State Route 78, near the Ramona Canyon RV Resort, around 6 p.m. Thursday night, and blocked the westbound lane, according to the Intermountain Fire and Rescue Department.
It took crews about three hours to cut up the tree and clear the road, said Capt. Randall Walden with Intermountain. No injuries were reported, he said.
Traffic was backed up for a short period of time as the fire department directed traffic to use the eastbound lane.
- Minor injuries reported in vehicle hits tree accident on San Vicente Road
- Smoldering eucalyptus tree concerns firefighters
- Sutherland fire shuts westbound SR-78 traffic at Old Julian Highway
- Intermountain Fire seeks board candidates with administrative skills and new ideas
- Caltrans changes SR-78 closure schedule; road open Thursday through Sunday
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=20941