Man faces DUI charge after SR-78 injury accident
A man in his 40s was facing a felony charge of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs today after he was involved in a head- on crash in San Diego’s San Pasqual neighborhood in which he and two other people were injured, police said.
The man was westbound in a Toyota pickup truck on State Route 78 about one mile west of Ramona Highlands
around 7:35 p.m. Friday when he swerved into the eastbound lane and slammed head-on into an eastbound Nissan Xterra SUV with three people inside, said San Diego police Officer David Stafford.
The man suffered a broken leg and a woman in her 30s who was driving the Nissan suffered a serious injury to her jaw, Stafford said.
Both were taken to a hospital, Stafford said.
One of two passengers in the SUV suffered minor injuries and was also taken to a hospital, he said.
“The male driver of the Toyota will be charged with felony DUI,” Stafford said.
- Man, 21, faces DUI charge in Thursday evening crash
- Man faces vehicular manslaughter felony charge in passenger’s death
- Woman faces misdemeanor charge in cyclist’s death
- 4 dead in Highway 78 head-on
- Officials identify victims in Tuesday’s fatal head-on near Santa Ysabel
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=20826