Skatepark Committee seeks show of public support at Jan. 10 planning group meeting
The recently established Skatepark Committee will be seeking an endorsement from the Ramona Community Planning Group at its meeting on Thursday, Jan. 10, and is asking residents to show up in support.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in Ramona Community Center, 434 Aqua Lane.
The committee, spearheaded by Joe Minervini, is chaired by resident Jeremy Benintende. Both are Ramona residents.
Minervini said the county Parks and Recreation Department and Supervisor Dianne Jacob are looking for total community endorsement. The county will decide if the project will be funded, Minervini stated in an email.
Minervini has proposed a two-phased skatepark approach with phase 1 calling for two small skateparks within the next six months, possibly at Collier Park at 626 E St. and at the Arriba Teen Center at 1710 Montecito Road, with ramps built by volunteers, and phase 2 focusing on a world-class skatepark in the next five years.
- Resident revives interest in skatepark at Collier Park
- Crowd shows up for skatepark talk
- Planning group schedules special meeting on solar farm project
- Ramona planning group to host public forum on Highland Valley/Dye/67 intersection design
- County, planning group invite public to tour emergency evacuation route
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=20310