Sheriff’s Crime Prevention Corner: Join the Ramona Graffiti ‘Krew’
Are you one of those people who feels graffiti has no place in Ramona? Do you shake your head and think “somebody” needs to do something about removing and discouraging graffiti in this community?
It doesn’t take much to become a “somebody” — every person in Ramona, from the youngest to the most mature can do something about this blight! Be a part of the informal Ramona Graffiti Removal “Krew.”
Here are a few simple steps YOU can take:
1. Report Graffiti to the Sheriff’s Department at 858-565-5200.
2. If the graffiti is on a home and you know the resident or owner — take a minute to let them know the unsightly vandalism is on their property — maybe you could help them paint over it with matching paint — that would be a “neighborly thing” to do!
3. If the graffiti is on a commercial building, you can ask them if they know about the graffiti on their business. Vandalism on their building makes it less inviting to customers — you’re actually helping their business and Ramona.
Interested in doing more? It would be great to have a group of individuals willing to paint over the graffiti in our community. Some cities and towns actually have a volunteer graffiti removal/paint over group. Wouldn’t that be great for Ramona?
Remember, graffiti vandalism needs to be removed/painted over as quickly as possible to prevent even more vandalism.
Call Crime Prevention Specialist Barbara Wallace at 760-738-2425 if you have any questions or concerns about graffiti and vandalism.
- Sheriff targets church crime
- Join the Conversation, Join Ramona Voices.com
- Holiday Safety Tips from Your Ramona Sheriff’s Station: Safely Recycling Your Old Cell Phone and Computer
- Graffiti and gang awareness are topics of Jan. 27 meeting
- Town tires of graffiti
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=19798