Dry, windy conditions heighten wildfire risk today
Monday, Dec. 10—Dry and windy conditions will heighten the risk of wildfire in the valleys and mountains of San Diego County today, forecasters said.
“A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures will create explosive fire growth potential,” states an advisory from the National Weather Service.
The agency scheduled a red flag warning for the valleys and mountains of San Diego County from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. During that period, sustained northeast winds of 15 to 25 miles per hour, with gusts up to 45 mph, were expected.
Humidity today was expected to fall to around 10 to 15 percent.
- High wildfire risk Wednesday
- Red flag warning issued for Sunday evening through Tuesday afternoon
- Weather service issues red flag wildfire warning
- Hot, dry weather creates risk of wildfire
- Weather service issues high wind warning
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=19705