Smoke in air may be prescribed burn in Cuyamaca area
Plumes of smoke were expected to be visible over Julian and the surrounding areas today, Nov. 15, as state firefighters perform a brush-clearing operation.
A prescribed burn was scheduled to begin this morning off Highway 79 and Milk Ranch Road in the Cuyamaca area, according to Cal Fire Capt. Mike Mohler.
Prescribed burns typically last several hours as firefighters strategically set, then extinguish fires in order to efficiently get rid of overgrown brush that could fuel backcountry wildfires.
- Smoke from prescribed burn may be visible in area
- Cuyamaca controlled burn due to end Friday, state parks reports
- Cuyamaca fire prompts road closure
- CalFire plans controlled burn training on Thursday
- Cal Fire warns of controlled burn smoke
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=19203