Ramona man, 55, dies in motorcycle crash
A 55-year-old Ramona man died in a collision with a van on San Vicente Road east of Wildcat Canyon Road Saturday at 5:52 p.m., authorities report.
The man, identified by the county Medical Examiner’s Office as Gordon Wayne Smock, was eastbound on San Vicente Road at a high rate of speed when, for unknown reasons, he lost control of the motorcycle and swerved into oncoming traffic, according to the accident report.
His motorcycle collided with a westbound van and he was ejected onto the roadway, said the medical examiner’s report. Bystanders immediately called 911, and paramedics who arrived confirmed his death at the scene.
- 67 crash kills Lakeside couple
- Medical examiner releases name of SR-78 accident victim
- Stellar athlete, West Point cadet dies in motorcycle crash
- Ramona man killed in morning crash in Lakeside
- Marine dies in motorcycle accident near Palomar Mountain
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=19066