Residents view county portion of proposed emergency evacuation route
About 25 people showed up to caravan over a one-mile dirt road in the County Grasslands Preserve to view what is proposed to be used as an emergency evacuation route for Ramona.
The route begins off Montecito Way and passes by the old rodeo grounds. Winding around hills in what was formerly the Davis-Eagle Ranch, the dirt road ends when it hits Ramona Municipal Water District property.
County staff from the Departments of Public Works and Parks and Recreation attended, as well as members of the Ramona Community Planning Group. While some residents said it is a viable option to evacuate during a fire, they noted that it depends on where the fire is located. Lighting along the route was also a concern.
Check back for more details.
- Groups agree on emergency evacuation route
- Utility poles stall emergency evacuation route
- County, planning group invite public to tour emergency evacuation route
- County close to finishing evacuation route
- Supervisors approve emergency evacuation route for Ramona
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=18791