High winds may mean power outages, warns SDG&E
Ramona area residents have received phone and email alerts from San Diego Gas & Electric about the National Weather Service’s Red Flag Warning for Friday.
“High winds are possible, and could cause outages or require SDG&E to turn off power for public safety,” the utility said. “If outages do occur, the power will stay off until it can be restored safely. Please be prepared to activate your personal emergency plan. For more information, call us at 1-800-411-7343.”
According to the utility’s website, the red flag warning for inland valleys and mountains is from 2 a.m. Friday to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Winter storm brings snow, hail and power outages
- Customers in Ramona affected by power outage
- SDG&E may shut off power in high-risk conditions
- SDG&E puts fire emergency plan to use in Ramona, backcountry during red flag warning
- Power outage affects nearly 3,000 customers
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=18611