Deputies respond to call of suspicious person armed with gun
About 7 a.m. on Thursday, San Diego County Sheriff’s department received a call of a person armed with a gun walking north along the 1100 block of San Vicente Road, north of Hanson Lane.
A California Highway Patrol officer, who was first to arrive at the scene, closed the road and began communicating with the person, reported Sgt. Daniel Vengler with the sheriff’s department. When law enforcement arrived, a deputy who is a member of the Crisis Negotiation Team was able to talk the person into dropping the gun, which turned out to be an air gun, stated Vengler.
According to the sheriff’s department, the person, who was not identified, was taken into custody and the event was over by 7:09 a.m. There were no injuries and schools were not placed on lockdown, reported Vengler.
- Sheriff’s deputies continue search for armed robbery suspect
- Man steals cash from Nancy’s Cleaners
- Infant dies from injuries, investigation continues
- Teen files federal lawsuit against sheriff’s deputies in Ramona
- Deputies arrest 13 in Ramona warrant sweep
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=18602