Pop Warner receives donation from Daniel Alexander Memorial Fund
Debbie Steingraber, left, and Aundrea Zazas, Ramona Pop Warner Board president, display an oversized check for $2,000 donated by the Daniel Alexander Memorial Fund. The money will go to The Daniel Alexander Ramona Pop Warner Scholarship Fund to benefit underprivileged or financially challenged youth from Ramona to cover Pop Warner expenses so they can be involved in the programs. Steingraber made the presentation in memory of her son, Daniel Alexander, who played Ramona Pop Warner as a youth and died on July 4, 2009, at the age of 26. She presented the check during a ceremony Pop Warner held to retire Alexander’s jersey number, 48. Miriam Hernandez, a Ramona Pop Warner director, holds the No. 48 jersey.
- Pop Warner to retire Daniel Alexander’s jersey number in ceremony on Saturday
- Rummage sale benefits reward, memorial fund for RHS 2001 graduate
- Rummage sale Nov. 14 to benefit reward fund
- Pop Warner’s fundraiser supports local businesses
- Ramona Pop Warner marks over 30 years of tradition
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=18055