Authorities release name of Coronado man who died on backcountry trail
Authorities released the name of a 27-year-old man who collapsed and died while hiking with friends on a trail between Julian and Ramona amid unseasonable heat.
Robert De La Cruz of Coronado was stricken shortly before 3 p.m. Saturday on the trail north of Tule Springs Road and west of State Route 78, according to Cal Fire and the county Medical Examiner’s Office.
“Medics were flown in, and when they got there bystanders were performing CPR,” said Mike Mohler, a fire captain with the state agency. “He was pronounced dead at the scene.”
A ruling on the cause of De La Cruz’s death is on hold pending completion of postmortem exams.
- Coronado man dies on Three Sisters hike
- Authorities release name of man shot in home altercation Sunday
- Escondido man dies in backcountry head-on
- Authorities release name of woman killed on San Vicente Road
- Lightning-sparked fires threaten backcountry transmission line, reports CalFire
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=18025