Triple-digit heat projected
Forecasters project a dry, hot start to the week with triple-digit temperatures throughout much of the region today.
Temperatures today will be 100 to 108 in the inland valleys, 92 to 100 in inland coastal areas, 85 to 92 degrees at the beaches, and 85 to 103 in mountain areas below 6,000 feet, 70 to 90 above 6,000 feet, 95 to 102 in the upper deserts, and 106 to 112 in the lower deserts, according to the National Weather Service.
“High pressure aloft over California will bring hot days through Tuesday, with weak offshore flow bringing the hottest weather” Monday, according to an NWS advisory. “The hot and dry conditions will increase the wildfire potential.”
- Weather service predicts above average temperatures through Wednesday
- Hot, dry weather creates risk of wildfire
- Wildfire rages in triple-digit heat
- Prepare for third day of torrid heat today
- Heat, dry conditions put fire crews on alert
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=17894