Students schedule candlelight vigil for Chris Jaquez at Olive Peirce Middle School
Students at Olive Peirce Middle School will hold a candlelight vigil at 8 p.m. on Wednesday for eighth-grader Chris Jaquez, who died on Sept. 17.
The vigil will be held outside the band room at the school, 1521 Hanson Lane. Jaquez was a drummer in the school’s jazz band.
During school on Wednesday, many students wore Jaquez’s favorite colors — orange and blue — in his memory. School officials said the student, who apparently committed suicide, was talented, well-liked, and respected by teachers and by peers.
A 24-hour crisis line is available for those at risk of suicide at 888-724-7240, or see Up2SD.org.
- Middle school NJHS students stage College Week
- Olive Peirce hosts cross country meet at Dos Picos
- Middle school’s CoRE band wraps up season’s performances
- Olive Peirce runners excel at Mt. SAC Invitational
- Middle school honors students at luncheon
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=17565