Detectives investigate shooting death
Homicide detectives are investigating the fatal shooting of a 34-year-old man at a home in the 1300 block of Walnut Street about 3 p.m. Sunday, according to San Diego County sheriff’s Lt. Glenn Giannantonio.
The man went to the home and got into an argument with the homeowner, who told investigators the man was a stranger to him, the homicide lieutenant said in a statement.
As the man and the homeowner fought, the homeowner’s adult son grabbed a gun from the home and ordered the man to leave at gunpoint, Giannantonio
said, adding that a struggle for the weapon ensued.
“The man was shot by the homeowner,” Giannantonio said.
Medics flew the man to Palomar Medical Center, where he later died. His name was withheld pending notification of his next of kin.
The homeowner and his son were cooperating with investigators and no arrests had been made as of early Monday, according to Giannantonio.
- Detectives investigate B Street shooting
- Detectives investigate 94-year-old woman’s death as possible homicide
- Officers investigate shooting on E Street
- Officials investigate man’s death as a drug overdose
- Officials investigate death at Terrace Estates
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=17457