Escondido man dies in backcountry head-on
A 20-year-old man killed Friday in a head-on collision with a big rig at Morettis Junction in northeastern San Diego County was an Escondido resident, officials report.
Justin Michael Cook, who had been eastbound on state Route 76, turned north from a stop sign onto state Route 79 and into the path of a southbound tractor-trailer about 1:30 p.m., according to California Highway Patrol and the Medical Examiner’s Office.
He lived with his parents, according to the Medical Examiner’s Office.
An autopsy is pending.
- Officials identify victims in Tuesday’s fatal head-on near Santa Ysabel
- Medical examiner releases name of SR-78 accident victim
- Man, 73, dies in SR-78 accident at Ash Street
- Julian man killed in SR-78 head-on
- Pedestrian struck by truck dies of brain injury
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=17446