Customers in Ramona affected by power outage
Update, 5:10 p.m.: According to SDG&E, power has been restored to all but one customer who is in the east end of Ramona. SDG&E has determined that the power outage was due to an animal causing a problem with the overhead electrical lines or equipment.
Original story: San Diego Gas & Electric reports that 1,489 customers are without power in areas of eastern, western and northern Ramona, San Diego Country Estates, La Jolla Indian Reservation, Mesa Grande and Santa Ysabel.
The power outage occurred at 2:48 p.m. and is caused by a suspected problem in the overhead electrical system, according to SDG&E.
The utility estimates power will be restored by 4:48 p.m.
- Power outage affects nearly 3,000 customers
- Major power outage hits regions, ‘Stay home’ says SDG&E
- Conserve water through outage
- Power outage costs water district $17K
- Power outage brought out the best
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=17434