Smoke from controlled burns at Marine base may be visible in area
Flames, sparks and smoke may be visible from Marine Corps Air Station Miramar today as military personnel take part in routine controlled burns at the base.
The fire-rescue training exercises at the northern San Diego USMC station are slated to begin at 11 a.m. and continue for about five hours, according to a statement from MCAS Miramar’s public-information office.
The airfield blazes may be visible at times from some surrounding areas, authorities advised.
- Smoke from prescribed burn may be visible in area
- Controlled burn will be visible from Ramona, says CalFire
- Smoke from Mexico fires may be visible in parts of East County
- Smoke visible from Camp Pendleton fire
- Miramar Air Show benefits Marines and their families
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=17213