Court sentences 19-year-old to year in custody for assaulting homeless man
A young man who punched a 61-year-old transient in Ramona and left him unconscious in a vacant house was sentenced Thursday to a year in custody and placed on three years probation.
Tanner Seth Hendee, 19, is expected to be placed in a residential treatment program to deal with mental health and substance abuse issues, said prosecutor Shanish Aloor.
Hendee pleaded guilty in July to assault with force likely to produce great bodily injury in connection with the attack on Scott Kingston, who was found by medics on his back in a house in the 100 block of 11th Street just before 5:30 p.m. on May 7. At the time, authorities said Kingston was suffering from head and possible spine injuries.
According to court testimony, Hendee and Kingston had clashed before over Kingston’s status as a registered sex offender, Aloor said.
- Man, 19, pleads guilty to assaulting transient, 61
- Judge orders trial for Tanner Hendee in assault case
- Man, 19, jailed for allegedly beating homeless man
- Judge sentences Ramona man who fired shots to one year in jail
- Burglar receives 1 year in county jail
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=17209