Evacuation orders lifted for Ranchita, San Felipe
Evacuation orders were lifted Friday morning for the communities of Ranchita and San Felipe, county officials report.
Large animals that were evacuated will be returned by San Diego County Animal Services and San Diego Humane Society on Saturday.Residents can pick up large animals before Saturday by contacting Animal Services at 619-236-2341 or the Humane Society at 619-299-7012.
Most roadways have reopened. But access to San Felipe will be for residents only and will be available only via S2 and S22, CalFire said. S2 remains closed at Scissors Crossing.
CalFire said it made good progress on the Stewart and Wilson Fires overnight, with the Stewart Fire at 10,630 acres and 90 percent contained and the Wilson Fire at 11,691 acres and 75 percent contained.
- Officials lift evacuation order for some San Felipe residents
- Lightning-sparked fires threaten backcountry transmission line, reports CalFire
- Military aircraft joins backcountry wildfire fight
- County closes some backcountry roads due to fires
- Creek Hollow Ranch in Ramona serves as evacuation site for large animals threatened by fires
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=16585