Weather service predicts thunderstorms
Scattered thunderstorms are expected Sunday afternoon and evening in the mountains, deserts and eastern inland valleys, the National Weather Service reports.
Excessive runoff from the expected storms could cause normally dry washes, creeks, small streams and low-lying areas to quickly fill and overflow, the NWS said.
NWS officials also reported an additional threat of rock and mud slides below steep mountain terrain and in recently burned areas. A flash flood watch will remain in effect until 7 p.m.
- Weather service predicts above average temperatures through Wednesday
- Weather service issues wind advisory through Sunday
- Dry lightning, gusty winds predicted Friday night, weather service issues Red Flag Warning
- Weather service issues fire watch for Saturday
- Weather service upgrades warning to ‘red flag’
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=16416