July 4 DUI arrests in region total 37, reports CHP
California Highway Patrol officers arrested 37 people on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in the San Diego region on the Fourth of July holiday and the preceding evening, the state agency reported Thursday.
No traffic fatalities occurred in the region during the 30-hour span beginning at 6 p.m. Tuesday, according to the CHP.
Statewide, road accidents claimed nine lives over the period, and 479 people landed in jail on DUI charges, the Highway Patrol reported.
- CHP reports 33 DUI arrests over holiday weekend
- Three killed in holiday accidents in region, reports CHP
- CHP arrests fewer suspected drunken drivers this weekend
- CHP reports one death in county in first 12 hours of holiday weekend
- Holiday crackdown continues through New Year’s weekend, sheriff reports
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=15485