Fire scorches 3 acres near Dulzura
A fire scorched about three acres of brush Sunday in a rural area near Dulzura, according to Cal Fire.
The fire off Marron Road, near Donahoe Spur Road, was reported about 9:05 a.m., said Capt. Mike Mohler of Cal Fire.
The blaze broke out in an area that was initially difficult for ground resources to access, and additional aircraft were called in, according to Cal Fire officials.
As of about 10:25 a.m., the fire was holding at three acres and the aircraft had been released, Mohler said.
No structures were threatened and no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire remains under investigation, Mohler said.
- Eagle fire near Warner Springs spreads to 1,000 acres
- Lakeside fire spreads to 12 acres; some evacuate homes
- Banner fire 20 percent contained, scorches 2,500 acres
- Cal Fire fights 8-acre brush fire in Lakeside
- Eagle fire spreads to 2,500 acres, burning away from populated areas
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=15091