Ramona water district to hold public rates hearing Tuesday
The Ramona Municipal Water District will hold its public hearing on rates for fiscal year 2012-13 at 4:30 p.m. in Ramona Community Center, 434 Aqua Lane.
The RMWD board of directors will vote on the district’s 2012-13 budget following the hearing. New rates would go into effect July 1, said RMWD General Manger David Barnum.
Not-to-exceed rates presented in the Proposition 218 notice that was mailed to ratepayers about 1 1/2 months ago showed the treated water rate proposed to increase from $3.86 per unit to $4.37 and the untreated water rate increasing from $3.31 to $3.77. A 3.5 percent increase for sewer was also proposed.
More information is at rmwd.org or call 760-789-1330.
- Water district’s public hearing on rates scheduled for Tuesday
- District holds steady on water rates, proposes other increases
- RMWD reschedules rate increase hearing
- District poised to hike rates
- District eyes possible 7.5% water rate hike
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=15081