Sutherland fire shuts westbound SR-78 traffic at Old Julian Highway
Update: All SR-78 lanes are reopened, reports CHP.
Update: Several small fires broke out today off state Route 78 east of Ramona, prompting officials to shut down part of the highway, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The fires were reported just before 10:20 a.m. on a hillside near Sutherland Dam Road, according to the CHP website.
About an acre was scorched, according to Cal Fire.
Westbound state Route 78 was shut down at Old Julian Highway and traffic headed toward Ramona was being diverted onto westbound Old Julian Highway, the CHP reported.
Original Report: Firefighters are on scene of a one-acre fire near state Route 78 and Sutherland Dam Road, east of Ramona.
Westbound state Route 78 is shut down at Old Julian Highway.
- Wildfire prompts evacuations east of Julian
- County OKs money to resurface part of Old Julian Highway
- SR-78 accident closes traffic at Haverford Road and Ash Street
- Cuyamaca fire prompts road closure
- Fire burns 106 acres at base of Palomar Mountain
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=14822