Lakeside fire spreads to 12 acres; some evacuate homes
Firefighters stopped the spread of a 12-acre brush fire that threatened several structures in a rural area of Lakeside Sunday.
The blaze began about 2:15 p.m. on Crazy Horse Drive near Morning Dove Road, on the northwest side of Lakeside, Cal Fire Capt. Mike Mohler said.
Officials did not issue mandatory evacuations but some nearby residents voluntarily evacuated their homes, Mohler said.
No injuries were reported and no structures appeared to be damaged, he said.
Crews were still on the ground battling the blaze at 4:30 p.m.
- Cal Fire fights 8-acre brush fire in Lakeside
- Eagle fire spreads to 11,000 acres, burning northwest
- Eagle fire near Warner Springs spreads to 1,000 acres
- Eagle fire spreads to 2,500 acres, burning away from populated areas
- Wildcat fire threatens structures, grows to 100 acres
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=14618