Cuyamaca fire prompts road closure
A 12-acre fire prompted the closure of a section of Highway 79 through Cuyamaca Rancho State Park on Sunday.
The fire broke out about noon in the state park between Green Valley and Paso Picacho, Cal Fire Capt. Mike Mohler said.
Both lanes of Highway 79 in the four- to six-mile segment were expected to be closed until about 6 p.m., Mohler said.
No homes or structures were threatened by the fire, which was being attacked by more than 100 firefighters, he said.
The fire may have been started by sparks from a car’s brakes, 10News reported.
- Cal Fire fights 8-acre brush fire in Lakeside
- CalFire fighting 400-acre fire near Warner Springs
- Eagle fire near Warner Springs spreads to 1,000 acres
- Lightning triggers fires in backcountry
- Cuyamaca controlled burn due to end Friday, state parks reports
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=14615