Crews make short work of grass fire
A grass fire scorched about three acres southeast of the Banner Grade area Saturday, according to Cal Fire.
The fire broke out about 11:35 a.m. near the Rodriguez Spur Truck Trail and Pacific Crest Trail. Officials are investigation the cause.
Five Cal Fire and San Diego County Fire Authority crews with seven engines, four air tankers, three helicopters, two water tenders, and two bulldozers stopped the fire from spreading further, Cal Fire said. The air tankers were then released.
- Fire crews make quick work of Wildcat blaze
- Cal Fire battles brush fire at border
- Wildcat fire threatens structures, grows to 100 acres
- Eagle fire spreads to 11,000 acres, burning northwest
- Spread of Steffy brush fire stopped, CalFire reports
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=14578