CHP arrests fewer suspected drunken drivers this weekend
California Highway Patrol officers in San Diego County arrested 58 suspected drunken drivers between 6:01 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday, down from 75 drunken driving arrests made during the same time period last year, CHP officials said.
Statewide CHP officers have made 1,161 suspected drunken driving arrests so far over the Memorial Day weekend, according to CHP Officer Jesse Udovich.
Last year, 1,223 drunken driving arrests were made during the same period, Udovich said.
Law enforcement agencies statewide also reported fewer fatalities than last year. Eleven people were killed this year compared to 13 during the same time period in 2011, Udovich said.
No fatalities were reported either year in San Diego County, Udovich said.
In Orange County, CHP officers made more suspected drunken driving arrests this year than last, Udovich said. Officers arrested 60 drivers who were allegedly under the influence this year compared with 50 during the same time period in 2011, he said.
- CHP reports 33 DUI arrests over holiday weekend
- Holiday crackdown continues through New Year’s weekend, sheriff reports
- CHP reports one death in county in first 12 hours of holiday weekend
- Three killed in holiday accidents in region, reports CHP
- Law enforcement cracking down on drunk drivers this Fourth of July weekend
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=14178