Palomar Health, USD form nursing partnership
Palomar Health and the University of San Diego on Tuesday announced a partnership to focus on nursing research and training.
Under the agreement, faculty at the USD Hahn School of Nursing and doctoral students will conduct dissertation and other projects at Palomar facilities. The number of students in doctoral and advanced practice registered nurse programs is increasing, according to Palomar Health.
“The strength of this academic service partnership will build new knowledge, innovation, and improve outcomes as well as smooth the transition into practice for primary care APRNs,” said Dr. Lorie K. Shoemaker, Palomar Health’s chief nurse executive.
The partnership will become a demonstration model for post-graduate nursing education, making the health care district eligible to have its training costs reimbursed by the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Arch Health Partners, Graybill Medical Group, North County Health Services, and Neighborhood Healthcare Community Clinics will also be included in the partnership.
- Centre for Heath Care, PPH form partnership
- PPH hires director of clinical transformation
- Health Care Costs Will Keep Getting Higher
- Arch Health Partners selected a top performing physician group for second consecutive year
- Health center provides free dental screenings, varnish treatments, flu shots through December
Short URL: http://www.ramonasentinel.com/?p=13998